Iasmin Omar Ata is a Middle Eastern / Muslim / epileptic comics artist, game designer, illustrator, and curator who creates art about coping with illness, understanding identity, dismantling oppressive structures, and Islamic futurism. Their works include Mis(h)adra (creator), Four Horsemen (character designer / CG artist), Ghosts of Miami (background artist), Zenith (creator), and Being (creator). Let’s make powerful things together!
PRESS / INTERVIEWS / GUESTING
- Newsarama review of Mis(h)adra
- Guest episode on Salt & Honey
- Interview with Electronic Intifada (text) // (audio)
- Library Journal's review of Mis(h)adra
- Mis(h)adra in Publisher's Weekly top 10 most anticipated graphic novels of Fall 2017
- Publisher's Weekly coverage of the BookBuzz Panel @ BEA 2017
- Almodon coverage of Being (Arabic)
- Interview with FEMMEKBIR
- Interview @ Inkstuds w/ Sloane Leong
- Booklist review of Mis(h)adra
- Interview @ Word of the Nerd
- Review of Mis(h)adra @ The Comics Journal
- Animal NewYork coverage of Assalamualaikum Babycasltes
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE? HERE'S HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT ME!